Wedding Checklist Three to Six MonthsThree to Six Months Before the Wedding
1. Write vows.
2. Confirm ceremony content.
3. Secure tuxedo rentals and obtain measurements.
4. Choose bridal accessories. (Find something old, new; borrowed, and blue.)
5. Determine mothers' attire. The bride's mother should call the groom's mother to discuss. Dresses should be of complementary colors and similar in length.)
6. Order invitations, personal stationery, announcements, and thankyou notes. (Obtain extras for the scrapbook and mistakes.)
7. Design maps.
8. Meet with musicians to discuss musical selections.
9. Order cake. (Look at pictures and sample. Discuss fees and delivery. Some experts suggest that the icing should match the color of the bride's gown.)
10. Arrange transportation for the bridal party (Verify in writing the year, color; and make of each car, as well as the driver's attire.)
11. Complete bridal registry.
12. Select wedding rings.
13. Determine logistics of: reserved pews, processional and recessional, reception line, reception room layout (including tables for gifts, cake, and place parking, security (off duty police officers are a safe bet), and coat check.
14. Meet with hired professionals including caterer, florist, and photograph (Complete any necessary paperwork.)
15. Arrange necessary fittings of wedding attire.
16. Plan bridesmaids' luncheon and bachelor dinner.
17. Finalize rehearsal dinner details.
18. Secure any rental items needed. Your home weddings may need more rentals such as tables chairs, etc., bar equipment, stage, dance floor, audiovisual equipment, and garbage cans)
19. Send newsletter to bridal party to update.
20. Secure unity candle, toasting glasses,. guest book, ring pillow, flower basket, and cake knife.
21. Shop for goingaway and honeymoon attire.
22. Confirm lodging arrangements for out of towners
23. Hire videographer.
24. Make or order favors.
Sample Monthly Wedding Timelines
Plan Introduction and Tips
Twelve to Six months before the Wedding
Three to Six Months Before the Wedding
One to Two Months Before the Wedding
The Week of the Wedding
What to Bring on your Wedding Day