Sample Formal Wedding Plan
Six to Twelve Months Before the Wedding
1. Arrange for families to meet, if they haven't already!
2. Set a budget.
3. Decide on a wedding style and how formal it will be
4. Develop your guest lists. (Don't forget to save them for Thank you notes and Christmas cards.)
5. Set a date and a time. (Keep in mind, availability of participants, the site, religious holidays, work schedules, weather, and competition from other events.
You may want to call the local convention and visitors bureau to find out what else is on the calendar to make sure there will be plenty of room in the inns for your outoftown guests.)
6. Who will perform the marriage? (Discuss marriage classes, ceremony content, vows, video, photographs, decorations, and musical selections.)
7. Reserve ceremony location.
8. Reserve reception location.
9. Have engagement picture taken.
10. Send newspaper engagement announcements.
11. Ask attendants to participate (including guest book attendant, readers, and so forth).
12. Reserve hotel rooms for outoftown guests.
13. Reserve rehearsal dinner location.
14. Book musicians for ceremony and reception.
15. Book photographer.
16. Hire caterer.
17. Hire florist.
18. Select wedding dress. (Inquire about alterations.)
19. Choose bridesmaids dresses and schedule appropriate fittings.
20. Make honeymoon reservations.(Make sure the name on your passport will match the name on your airline tickets.)
21. Make postwedding housing arrangements.
Sample Monthly Wedding Timelines
The Wedding Plan Introduction
Six to Twelve months before the Wedding
Three to Six Months Before the Wedding
One to Two Months Before the Wedding
The Week of the Wedding
What to Bring on your Wedding Day